Wednesday, June 4, 2008

My Job

So, I have been somewhat nervous over the past month as my company (Medtronic) announced a second layoff. I was among one of the groups that could potentially be impacted as a result of the reduction in force. We were told of the upcoming layoff early in May, so it has been a bit uneasy, to say the least, over the past month.

My uncertainty was put to rest today. We were just notified of the those impacted (voluntary and unvoluntary) in my immediate group (Clinical) early this afternoon, during an urgent business update. There were 7 out of ~300 people impacted in the Clinical organization. The remaining 400+ people are from surrounding business units. (A total of 400-500 positions are being impacted across Cardiac Rhythm Disease Management) Luckily, my position will NOT be impacted.
PHEW!

Needless to say, I can breathe a sigh of relief. I just have to hope and pray that I don't have to go through a third layoff one year from now.

No comments: