Monday, January 5, 2009

29 Weeks and First Contractions

I had my very first contractions over the weekend. After looking online and talking to a few people, I knew I was having Braxton Hicks Contractions. I probably had around 5-10 of them over the weekend and 1 today. They weren't painful at all, just sort of took my attention away from whatever I was doing and I focused in. If only the contractions stayed that way! He he...yeah right. Andrea and Evonne came over this past weekend and got to see the nursery with all the curtains, mirrors, shelves, etc. up. We also went to lunch together at Granite City and had a good time catching up on our New Years. Heather came over on Sunday and watched the Vikes lose in the playoff game. We made tons of food and I felt my belly growing from everything I ate. I'm scared to get weighed this week at my appt. Oh well. Heather got her first feel of baby's kicks. At first he was being shy and not kicking much but finally he gave her a good kick! I've been watching my belly more and more each day because the kicks are getting so strong and I can actually see the baby's body parts moving around. I can't tell what parts they are, but I can see large movements. It's so much fun! When he moves, it feels like when you go over a large hill or over the hump on a rollercoaster. It sort of takes your breath away a little bit. It's the coolest and most reassuring feeling. Tonight was our fourth Birth & Parenting Preparation class. We did practice scenarios for going into labor and practiced the different techniques for getting through labor contractions. Only one more class to go! What's really weird to think about is that in 8 weeks, we'll have a full term baby. According to my weekly Baby Center emails I get, the baby is about 2 1/2 pounds this week and just over 15 inches long. Compared to a fruit/vegetable, he is the weight of a butternut squash (nice visual, eh?). So, other than baby showers, we're pretty much all set. We have to pack a bag for the hospital but that doesn't need to be done until 3 weeks before my due date. I also have to type up a formal birth plan, which isn't required, but nice to bring with to the hospital. My maternity photo shoot is in two weeks. My belly button hasn't popped out yet and I'm beginning to wonder if it ever will. I think it's so cute when they pop out. Here's my 29 week photo. Until next week!

No comments: