We ended up skipping our last Birth & Parenting Preparation class today because the roads were terrible and we wanted to be safe. It normally only takes me 15 minutes to drive home and it took me about 45. Justin was in traffic for 2 1/2 hours. Our last class was talking about what to do with the baby, such as swaddling, feeding, etc. We already took an "All about babies" class so we figured we would've gotten the same information.
This past weekend, I put up the wall decor (decal) above the crib. It turned out so good! I just love the phrase and the colors look great on the wall. Pictures really don't do the room justice. The room is really cozy and calming-exactly what I wanted. I'm still in the nesting mode and sewed my own round table cloth and made another dust ruffle for the crib. I find myself spending time just rocking in the chair and imagining being a mommy. About two more months until I get to meet my little man.
The baby has been making himself known in my belly. He is VERY active. I can see body parts moving around now so I find myself staring down at my belly for hours on end! The past couple of days, I will put my hand on my belly and feel him push against it. I like to think he can feel my hand on there and he's responding to me. Who knows if he can, but it's fun to think so.
I had a doctor's appt. last Thursday. I had to drink this stuff that tasted like orange crush pop. It was actually pretty good-I almost asked for seconds! Then I was stuck at the clinic for an hour before they could draw my blood and check my glucose levels. They check it for gestastional diabetes. I got the results later that day and everything looked healthy and normal. My blood pressure is still nice and normal too. I also asked about my weight gain because I've been getting concerned I'm gaining too much too fast. I still have anywhere from 7-12 weeks approximately. She said I'm definately doing alright, although I'm on the high side of normal now. Dang holidays! Oh well, just more to lose after the baby is born I guess. I am going to pick up the pace and exercise more and eat better. Maybe have to stop baking so many cookies and brownies. =) I was really good with exercising the past couple of weeks. I went almost every day last week and already feel better. I think I lost 2 pounds since my appt. too which is good. As long as I'm eating enough and my belly keeps growing, the baby will be fine. I just want to lose some of MY weight in the legs especially. I also turned down cookies at work today which was really hard because the baby LOVES sugar. It's been the thing I crave most during the pregnancy. Okay, enough for now. Until next week!

No comments:
Post a Comment