Saturday was my second baby shower hosted by best friends, Andrea and Evonne. I was SHOCKED when I walked into the room. The shower was in the party room at Evonne's townhome community center. It was the perfect location. All of the tables had blue tablecloths and there was a stuffed animal on each of the place settings. The cake was made of cupcakes and in the shape of an umbrella with a little baby boy sleeping on the side. Each of the tables had a decorative mirror with little fish bowls which contained blue tinted water and yellow duckies. The food was absolutely amazing and well thought out. Knowing there are some things I can't eat due to pregnancy, they thoughtfully had items I could eat. Debbie (Evonne's mom) helped make the most delicious lasagna! There was also two types of salad (Lacey made one of them), veggie pizza (Nikki made), deviled eggs, and of course, my friends know me so well...there was popcorn. =) I hope I didn't forget anything. Oh! There was a delicious sherbert punch. Yummm.... I don't have any pictures to post yet. Jen, Lacey, and Debbie were my photographers for the day so I will have to wait to get the pics from them. We played lots of fun games. The first one, everyone had to diaper the stuffed animal as fast as they could and the winner (I think Heather won!) got a prize. Then, we played a belly measurement game where everyone had to guess how big my belly was with a piece of yarn. It was so hilarious!! Everyone's strings except for Erin's were too big. Nancy and Steph came pretty close to actual and Nancy ended up taking the prize. Lacey's string was hilarious!! It was so big she could fit inside of it with me and then some! The next game, everyone had a mad libs sheet to fill out and later in the day, I had a tag board/storyline to read off and filled in the words with the "finalists" chosen words. When I got to the last one, it was my moms, I was laughing so hard I was crying. Had to be there for sure to understand the humor behind it, but it was great! The other game played was guessing the # of white and blue M & M's in the bottle. I actually won the game and came the closest, but I felt guilty winning the prize, so I just asked them to pick the second place winner. After eating and games, we had the gift opening and oh my word.......I was so spoiled!!! I was just astonished at all of the wonderful presents we received. Just to name a few things...we received the boucy seat, bumbo, capri stroller, high chair, the second base for the carseat, blankets, a beautiful diaper cake made by Heather, bathtub, baby bathrobe with slippers, hooded towels, diapers, penguin toy, and many other goodies. I was really excited to receive a lot of the essentials we needed. My entire car was filled with gifts and it took awhile to organize everything over the weekend. For anyone reading this who came to the shower this weekend, THANK YOU!!! I am so appreciative of you being there and for your generosity. To Andrea & Evonne, my best friends, my party planners....you are such amazing friends! No one knows me better than the two of you and I so appreciate all of the thought and planning that went behind it. I know you were planning for months and I'm sure many hours were spent coming up with just the perfect games, food, and decorations, and I recognize it all. I had to take a step back during the shower because it was passing too quickly and I wanted to remember the day and all of the little details.
After the shower, as I mentioned, I spent a number of hours looking through everything again, showing Justin, and re-reading cards. I assembled all of the things that needed assembly and our room is finally back in order. =)
Aside from that, I spent the weekend running errands, cleaning out the garage to make more room for me to get in and out of the car with the baby carrier, making breakfast, lunch, and dinner, cleaning out my car (& putting up my "Baby on Board" sign), giving Shyla a bath & nail trim, and doing baby laundry. I planned to also get started on thank you's and pack the labor bag, but ran out of time. It's already 9 pm and I'm getting sleepy. I plan to get that activity completed within the week though! Being pregnant has really changed my energy level. I thought I wouldn't have the energy to do everything that I have done, but I'm completely the opposite. I'm constantly moving around and doing something on the weekends. I just like feeling really prepared and I love being in the nursery and playing with all of the fun new "toys". Justin was laughing at me because I assembled everything already.
Well, tomorrow marks week 34. We're getting there!
After the shower, as I mentioned, I spent a number of hours looking through everything again, showing Justin, and re-reading cards. I assembled all of the things that needed assembly and our room is finally back in order. =)
Aside from that, I spent the weekend running errands, cleaning out the garage to make more room for me to get in and out of the car with the baby carrier, making breakfast, lunch, and dinner, cleaning out my car (& putting up my "Baby on Board" sign), giving Shyla a bath & nail trim, and doing baby laundry. I planned to also get started on thank you's and pack the labor bag, but ran out of time. It's already 9 pm and I'm getting sleepy. I plan to get that activity completed within the week though! Being pregnant has really changed my energy level. I thought I wouldn't have the energy to do everything that I have done, but I'm completely the opposite. I'm constantly moving around and doing something on the weekends. I just like feeling really prepared and I love being in the nursery and playing with all of the fun new "toys". Justin was laughing at me because I assembled everything already.
Well, tomorrow marks week 34. We're getting there!























No comments:
Post a Comment