Monday, March 23, 2009

40 week appt. & Happy Birthday to Daddy!

Just thought I'd post something quick so everyone is up to date! Today is Justin's birthday. Happy Birthday Hubby/Daddy! I got up at 4:30 am this morning and made Justin a birthday breakfast. I'm hoping to give him his son for his birthday this year, but it doesn't seem that Justin junior wants to come out and play quite yet. I had my 40 week appt. this morning and unfortunately, have made zero progress from the last two weeks. Everything looked great though and there are no concerns. My blood pressure was great, his heart rate was 132 (perfect), I was measuring perfect, and we took a peek at him on the Ultrasound machine just to ensure that his head was down far where it should be and it is. Fluid levels looked good too. His back and butt were along the left side of my tummy. I had a bit of a painful visit when she was doing the cervical check. I won't get into the details of what she attempted to do, but it was definately not comfortable. We set up an appt. for next Monday, standard check, and then I'm scheduled to be induced next Tuesday at 9 am at Mercy Hospital, unless of course, I've gone into labor on my own before then. I'm hoping I do! So, I'm just riding out the days now but it's comforting to know that I'll be holding a little baby in my arms in 7 1/2 days or less. =)

No comments: