Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Baby still in me...Is today the day?

Well, another day has passed and I still have a living person inside my tummy. =)

This morning I felt doubtful that today would be the day, but around lunch time, I started to have this feeling that today MIGHT be the day. You never really know, but something in my gut is telling me I might go into labor today.

This morning, I was driving into work, listening to KDWB and they wanted people to call in with "bad living conditions" stories. I thought, what the heck, I'll call in. I got through and told my story about living with a roommate in the dorms in college. If you get squeemish or are eating as you read this, don't continue reading...this girl, Kim, was an oddball to say the very least. About 5 weeks or so, living in that room, I started to notice a bad odor. I searched everything on my side of the room to make sure I didn't leave food out or anything. Nope. It had to be coming from her side. So, when she was in class one morning, I gathered a few of my girlfriends together to search the room. The odor was so bad at this point, we had to leave both the window and door open to air it out and people could smell it around the entire floor. Someone happened to lift up the covers on her bed and found a HUGE pee stain covered by a towel. Turned out she had a bladder control problem and couldn't afford to wash the sheets. We also found, (and this is the really gross part) a plastic bag with used panti liners in her closet. It appeared she was re-using them. YUCK!! I get grossed out just thinking about it again. Anyways, as I told the story, the DJ's were completely grossed out and said "I think we have a winner! I'll give you concert tickets as long as you promise never to tell me that story again". I didn't know what I was winning when I called in because they didn't say, they just promised it would be a good prize. Turns out I won No Doubt concert tickets! I was really excited, but then immediately asked, "when is the concert? I'm about to give birth any day now". Luckily it's July 5th, so I'll be able to go!

Anyhow, the point of that story was to both entertain you and to explain why I think today might be the lucky day. First comes concert tickets, next comes baby! Let's hope so anyways. Also, I've been having some really good contractions today and the baby is super active. I had a little pep talk with him and asked him nicely to come out and play. I told him not to be like his daddy who is always late for everything. Ha ha... Ever since the pep talk, he's been dancing all over the place and feels like he's trying to claw his way out. I keep egging him on to "pop the water bag already!". Let's hope he listens to his mommy and we have a baby tonight. ;)

1 comment:

Sara Larva said...

well, i think we all want to know did you continue to still live with that girl or did you talk to her about what you found? if she couldn't afford paintie liners how could she afford college? all these questions i have. that story was so gross!