Thursday, March 5, 2009
"I feel like the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man!"
Well, my smooth-going 9th month of pregnancy was put to a hault yesterday when I started to notice some swelling. After working out, I realized my feet and ankles looked bigger. I went out to eat with some girlfriends and was getting really uncomfortable at the dinner table. When I got home and put my feet up, my ankles looked even bigger than before! My right ankle especially was nearly twice as big as my left. I woke up this morning hoping for the poofiness would have disappeared-NOPE. They looked exactly the same. I made sure to wear my widest flat shoes possible and waddled my way into work. I was so uncomfortable all day at work!! I tried to avoid complaining, but the swelling was actually causing a lot of pain. I can best describe it as walking on pins and needles. Not even walking. The pain occurred even sitting. My ankles are sore to the touch and keep getting bigger! I was trying my best to put my feet up at work, but it's nearly impossible the way our desks are set up. I was straining my back by twisting in a position where I could put my feet up slightly but still type and see my monitor. =( I don't know what I'm going to do for the next 2 or 3 weeks of work if this swelling continues. I may just have to arrange some sort of working from home situation. When I got home today, I was exhausted. I put my feet up immediately and they were huge! I told Justin, "I don't even recognize my own feet!!" He agreed. They look like elephant feet. I would post a picture, but I'm too embarrassed. I went to bed at 6:30 for 2 1/2 hours because the bed was the only comfortable place. I'm back up now, sitting on the couch, but all I can feel is my feet pulsing. I remembered that cranberry juice is a natural diuretic, so I'm chugging some of that right now. Ugh...now when people ask, "are you ready for that baby to come out yet?" I'm going to say "yes!"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
cyndy, during the 9th month it always helped me to sit on my boppy to release some of the pain of the swelling. Some nights I just sat in front of the tv with my boppy and my feet in a bucket of warm water. It was a sad sight. But it helped.
Post a Comment