Friday, April 24, 2009

Enjoying the Outdoors

The past couple of days have been absolutely gorgeous! Landen and I enjoyed the weather very much. On Wednesday, we visited my work and Landen got to meet lots of people! Jess made some delicious brownies to celebrate my birthday too. Thank you Jess! You are always so thoughtful!

Nana Laura took Thursday off of work and we took Landen to Como Zoo. It got up to 86 degrees out!! The zoo wasn't all that fun or exciting, but it was fun just to be outside and enjoy the weather.

Today, Landen and I went to Mercy Hospital to drop off a handmade card we made for the nursing staff and doctors there. We are so appreciative of everything they did. I attached the picture we used on the front of the card.

Here are some note-worthy 3 week highlights:

Landen is hungrier!! He is eating almost every 2 hours now vs. 3 which makes me much busier and more tired. His eyelashes continue to grow longer and his hair looks a little more reddish as it's growing out now. Both Justin and I have some red in our hair so we assumed he would only have the same. Landen had his first coo sound which sounds like 'gaa' and he has learned to blow bubbles with his lips/spit. His legs have gotten noticably strong and he will often kick us a lot when we hold him. His neck is also a lot stronger and he can pretty much hold his own head up without our help now. Other than that, he continues to be a very gassy baby, tooting more than burping. I am going to ask the pediatrician about it because I think that may contribute to all of his loud grunting noises which keep us up at night. As for me, I have been getting less and less sleep and it has taken a toll on me. With Landen's growth spurt that the pediatrician (and mom friends) have warned me about, it's keeping me very busy. Although I hate when the day and week ends, because it means one less day of maternity leave, I do enjoy when Justin gets home and the weekends because it's an extra pair of hands to help out.
Also, today is my birthday...happy birthday to me! Ha ha...we're not really doing anything special today. We decided to celebrate both of our birthdays together but did not think to round up a sitter for the night. I think we'll have Nana Laura watch him for a few hours in the next week or two and Justin and I will go on our first date as parents to celebrate our birthdays. Justin did send me a beautiful bouquet of flowers!!

Landen's fireman outfit. Check out the hydrant on the tush. Ha!

Flowers from Justin for my birthday. Gorgeous!


I am 3 weeks old!!!





"Just Hatched" Onesie from "Auntie" Lacey



You can't see it from here, but his little shirt says "What happens at Grandma's, stays at Grandma's"






Enjoying Como Zoo



"This warm weather sure does wear me out!"





The pic we used on the front of the Thank You cards for the nursing staff at Mercy Hospital



3 comments:

Sara Larva said...

Hi Cyndy~
Have you tried Mylicon drops yet on Landen for his gas. They are safe for all ages. branden made that grunting sound at night and it was his tummy, so i gave him those drops and they really do help. I still give him those drops on a regular basis just because he has a sensitive stomach.

Lacey and Colin Cutler said...

How cute is that onesie?
Hope you had a great birthday!!Expect a package today or monday. :)

Jen Yechout said...

That photo is adorable. You are so thoughtful! i bet its rare that the doctors and nurses at the hospital receive something like that, and I bet it made them feel great! Good thinkin mama! ;)