Tuesday, April 7, 2009

One Week Old

Landen is growing too fast already it seems. But we are taking everyone's advice and enjoying every single moment with him. I find myself probably not getting the rest I should be getting only because I can't help but want to spend every minute staring at him and playing with him. Today we had an OB homecare visit to check on me and the baby. Landen gained another 5 ounces since his Saturday appointment! He now weighs 7 lbs 7 oz. He's getting closer and closer to his original birth weight! I'm attaching a weekly pic, similar to what I did with my pregnancy so you can see Landen grow. Justin has to go back to work tomorrow and he is really sad about that. I let Justin hold him most of the day so he could get some quality time with him. Justin had skin to skin time in the morning, he read books to him, and showed him his talking doggy toy. Attached is a cute picture of Landen grabbing daddy's nose. He kept doing it over and over again. Justin is such a cute daddy! It makes my heart smile when I see the two of them together. I've also attached a picture of the two of them, their profiles so you can see the amazing resemblence! We think he takes on most of Justin's features but he has my eyes, ears, and nails. Landen is honestly a really good baby. I read the Baby Wise book which teaches you the eat-wake-sleep cycle and Landen already has succeeded in this on his own. Hopefully it's not just short term, but he seems to have fallen into the pattern and hasn't stopped. It's great!


No comments: