Today is a sad day. A year ago today, my good friend Julie, lost her sweet baby Caden to SIDS. Caden was born on April 1st, 2008 (the day after Landen was born, a year earlier). Caden passed away suddenly in his sleep at daycare. I have been extra emotional this past week thinking about the H. family and their tragic loss, one year later. With Landen being the same age Caden was when he passed, it brings out an unusual emotion in me and I know, with Julie & Matt too. Julie & Matt, I am thinking of you today and every day and send you warm hugs. I know Caden is sending his love down to you, watching over you and his baby sister, Tessa.
For those reading this who have children, grandchildren, nieces, nephews, or are going to parents down the road, please educate yourself on SIDS and take every precautionary measure you can to help reduce the risk.
Here are a couple of good websites if you want to learn more about SIDS:
While every step can be done to help prevent SIDS, there are still those unexplainable and sudden losses. With SIDS research, hopefully, someday this horrible syndrome will be 100%preventable. If you're ever considering making a donation to something, please donate to SIDS research:
Thank you.
1 comment:
Thank you Cyndy! You are one of the most thoughtful people I know and we really appreciate your incredibly supportive words and gestures this past week. I can't thank you enough!!
Post a Comment