Monday, September 7, 2009

Humpty Dumpty SAT on a wall...


OR... Landen Carter sat on a floor! Landen accomplished quite a bit over the Labor Day weekend! His record sit time is 2 1/2 minutes, but that's pretty impressive for not being able to sit more than 2 seconds as of last Friday.




Landen has been doing this little flirty one finger in the mouth thing lately. I managed to snap a picture just as he was doing it!

On Sunday, the family went for a long walk and put Landen in the big boy swing for the first time.
He looks a bit tired here because he just woke up from a nap...
Here's proof...
Shyla: "I'm done for the day."
(Funniest thing. Shyla got really tired throughout the long walk and started laying down in the shade whenever she could. We pointed at the basket in the stroller and she hopped right in! )


Landen ALSO mastered holding his own bottle. While he learned to hold his bottle a few weeks ago (somewhat), he's finally learning to tip it backwards to get the milk in. He held this bottle the entire feeding session. Daddy had to help him at the very end to get the last little bit down. We were VERY impressed!

And....another exciting milestone this weekend. Landen tries his first vegetable-green beans! After talking to a few co-workers, I've decided to make Landen's baby food. It will be healthier (I plan to buy mostly organic) and it's about 1/3 of the cost! While the pictures won't completely illustrate this, Landen actually really enjoyed green beans. He just got really full at the end because I gave him some rice cereal too. 3 days in, he is loving his green beans!
Here comes the airplane!
"Mmmmm, that's not so bad."
"Okay, that bite wasn't so good."
"I'm done now Mom!"


Leftovers.

Shyla cleaning up whatever was left on his face.

And a couple pictures of Landen's new skills. Here he is grabbing his nuk.And putting it in all by himself!

Hanging out with Dad.

No comments: