Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Easter, MN Zoo, Underwater Adventures, a Parade, Swimming, Mother's Day, and other random pics from April & May

Yes, Yes.....I am LONG overdue for a post. I am playing catch-up as eluded to in the post title. If you're wondering about my job situation, I am happy to share that I was offered a position to stay with Medtronic and was promoted to a Customer Specialist. It is a new role as a result of a restructure which occurred recently. I interviewed on St. Patty's Day in March and was offered a position a couple weeks ago. I am thrilled to stay with Medtronic and happy that I can move forward and leave the stress of job security behind me. There's a new stress now, however, and that is the natural stress of a transition. I consider myself three people right now as I am covering for two co-workers in addition to my current workload. I am excited for the road ahead and know this is short term, but needless to say, this is why I am lacking in posts. I spend so much time on a computer, it's the last thing I want to do after Landen goes to bed. My nights have generally consisted of watching t.v. and eating popcorn. =)

So, to catch you up to speed in the Life of the Callisto's, here's a recap starting from newest to oldest:

Mother's Day weekend this past weekend. Justin made me breakfast, gave me some beautiful lilies and a funny & sweet card, we took the dog and Landen to Elm Creek Park Reserve in Maple Grove where we went for a stroll and visited Caden's tree. When we got home, we put Landen down for a nap and Justin and I (and Shyla) sat on the deck, basking in the sun and enjoyed a couple of Miller Lites. Then, to top off the day, we ordered pizza.

Enjoying his new found freedom






Paying a visit to Caden's tree


Landen and Shyla love to play through the gate


Sporting his new monster jammies


Taking his high chair for a ride



We took Landen swimming on Saturday before Mother's Day








While this picture doesn't really illustrate it, it reminds me, Landen just started to give kisses on command. It is so cute! Today, when I picked him up from daycare, I asked for a kiss and he leaned in and laid one right on my lips. Adorable!









(For some reason these pictures keep defaulting to vertical no matter what I try, but they're still cute, so I had to leave them)



Last weekend, we ventured out to Minneapolis to watch a May Day parade. It was..........weird.


Landen thought so too.
We made the best of it though and at least Landen enjoyed the bright colors, noises, and people watching. =)
Pictures below are from a ladies night we had. Games, wine, and laughs...it was a great time!
Landen joined us in the beginning before bedtime.
What a ladies man.





Before ladies night, we visited Uncle Tony during his softball game.
Landen enjoys taking Shyla for walks indoors.



This is one of his newest things...crawling under everything.
My birthday weekend, we met up with Grandpa David at Underwater Adventures.

Checking out the jellyfish.
"Look at those sharks mom!" (which reminds me, another update, Landen can finally say "Momma" he says it at least once a day now, but doesn't always associate it with me necessarily)

Landen and his buddy Ben from daycare


Chewing on ducks are fun.

Enjoying the beautiful April weather







At the MN Zoo for the second time. Here Landen is enjoying his first official kids meal.




Getting ready to check out the baby animals exhibit.




Landen saw the cow and started mooing.










Shyla loves to give Landen kisses (or maybe she just wanted to lick the food off his face).
Landen is quite the eater these days.
Easter Sunday. Where do you think Landen's basket is hiding?

What a smart boy!











No comments: