Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Chugga Chugga TWO TWO

Landen is TWO years old! On Landen's birthday, mommy surprised him with a bouquet of balloons and a special Elmo balloon. I spent the morning with him, made him a nice breakfast and then played until it was time to go to daycare and spend some time with his friends. At two years old, here is what Landen is up to: Talking, Talking, Talking! He is learning to string together lots of words- "Please mommy more bacon thank you" He understands possession (I/Me/My)- "I help mommy buckle too" "I did it!", "I got it!", "My turn!" 1-2-3-4! Landen LOVES to count. He recognizes all numbers 1-10 and can count up to 20 (11-20 is a little bit mumbly but he gets the idea). ABC's He can tell you all of the letters in the alphabet (not necessarily in order but when you show him a letter, he can tell you what it is) Recognizing animals, shapes, etc.! -In his 100 First Words book, I can point to each picture and he will tell me what it is (all 100 of them!) -He knows all the primary shapes and colors Some new firsts! -Slept in a cot at daycare on March 15th -Bye Bye nuk! (we took the nuk away a day before his 2nd bday and he whined for two days but then hasn't asked for it since!) -Waking up dry most days and beginning to potty train and even wore big boy undies for a day (but had an accident) =) Some favorite sayings: "Mommy! Are you?" (where are you) "No doggy, doh-way!" (go away) -- haha, this one is hilarious! "Red - stop! Green - go!" [Landen, what do you want for dinner?] "Hot dog! an chickn an keddup an muddard!" - every day he says this! Lots of friends and family came to celebrate Landen's birthday at Chuck E Cheese. I think even the adults had a good time ;).

No comments: