Monday, November 17, 2008

My lovely baby bump! =)

Today marks 22 weeks! I forgot to post my 21 week picture, so I'm posting that below as well. This past weekend I went shopping for some nursery items with Evonne. It was so much fun!! I bought a small circular table which will go alongside the glider & ottoman (which finally came in on Saturday! So exciting!). I bought fabric to make my own tablecloth too. I've never made one before so I'm a little nervous at how it will turn out. I hope it turns out good! I also got some shelves, lamps, a picture frame, vase w/ white flowers, baskets, and teddy bears. The sort-of theme we're going with is a Teddy Bear Sleepytime theme. I don't want too much of a theme in the room, rather I'd like just small accents of colors, bears, stars & moons. The main colors are going to be brown, sky blue, and white.

Over the weekend, I got together with Andrea, Evonne, Jen, and Nikki. We made tacos and played board games for HOURS. It was a blast! On Sunday, Heather & Ryan invited Justin & I over for a pre-Thanksgiving dinner. It was so good and so sweet! Thanks for the good times friends!

I've really been feeling the little boy kick lately. He's pronouncing himself all the time it seems! It's the most amazing feeling. I get really excited every time I feel him start to kick. He goes in little spurts and when I really feel him, he'll kick non stop for about 20 minutes or so. I felt it with my hand for the first time on Saturday night when the girls and I were playing games. I believe it was around 11:30 at night. I was so excited because now I know Justin might be able to feel him and Justin is so excited for that day to come!
I'm still feeling really good during the second trimester. The only thing that bothers me is my back and mainly at night or after a big meal. I joined the gym at work, which rocks! It's cheap and convenient. At work today, I took a muscle madness class. I had to modify several things because I'm not supposed to lift big weights or do exercises on my back, but I was able to do most of the things in the class. I am really sore now too! It's a good sore though. My goal is not to gain too much weight, or be on the low side of "normal" for the amount of weight I'm supposed to gain. I feel like I've done a pretty good job of it so far. I feel a little chubby in the face, but oh well! It's all the sugar the baby likes me to eat. =)





No comments: