Monday, March 30, 2009

Going to the hospital tonight!

Well, Baby Boy Callisto sure is a stubborn little fella. I had my 41 week appt. this morning and still have not progressed any since week 37. So....the doc said, "you're going in tonight!". It was weird to hear that. We're being admitted at Mercy Hospital in Coon Rapids at 7 pm tonight. They will give me this tablet thingy which should help ripen my cervix and give me some mild contractions. It's possible it could put me into full out labor, but not necessarily. I should be able to walk around normally, take a warm bath if I like and eat a filling dinner before I arrive at the hospital. (I'm thinking Olive Garden sounds good!) Then they will administer the pitocin at 7 am tomorrow morning! Also, it's exciting that my doctor will probably be the one delivering him since she works at Mercy tomorrow. There's no telling how long it will take once they give me the pitocin, but it's really exciting to know that we will get to meet him either today or tomorrow! So, I'm guessing this will be my last post until I have the baby. We will bring the laptop to the hospital with us tonight. This is just so weird!! I expected there to be a whole surprise element involved...timing contractions in the middle of the night or my water breaking at work, but nope! I guess the baby is taking after his mommy and is a planner. I am always so proactive with things in life and plan out everything, so maybe he will be the same way! =) Either way, I'm just happy for this gift God has given us and can't wait to finally hold him in my arms after wanting him for so long.

No comments: