Friday, June 12, 2009

10 weeks old


Landen is 10 weeks old!!! The time is nearing for me to return to work and hand him over to daycare during the weekdays. =( I'm finding myself getting up early and staying up late just to spend as much time with him as possible. I also have been keeping him in his cuddly PJ's more during the day because it's so cozy to cuddle up with them when they're softly dressed. The weather has finally improved and Landen and I were able to enjoy a couple of walks with the dog yesterday. We also sat outside for about 45 min. yesterday on a blanket (umbrella above him) until he got cranky and needed to go in for a nap. Today I enjoyed my morning coffee outside with him and I think we may take a trip to Como and walk around the lake...maybe. I always want to venture to other places because it gets boring walking around the same neighborhood all the time, however, it's a trade-off because it's a pain to pack up all his stuff and cart him around. Plus, he generally gets cranky after about 45 min. outside so it's difficult when I'm not near home. Also, there is an advantage to being close to home with Shyla. She gets to participate in the walks which is good for her since she's gotten less attention with the baby around. We'll see... =)
Landen and I visited Julie, Matt and they're newest addition...Tessa, the other day. Congrats to the Herr family! She is absolutely beautiful. Landen thought he would try out his flirting skills and bought her a little pink outfit and matching hat. He's got some stiff competition though since there are several other boys recently born that Tessa has met or will be meeting. I don't have any pictures of the two of them because I was feeding him while we were at the hospital but Lacey took some and I'm sure will send to me soon.
That's about all we've been up to lately. Landen's newer milestone (if you wanna call it that) is that he's learning how to hold his nuk in, which is pretty neat. Mainly because he likes to suck on is right hand A LOT lately. He hasn't found his thumb yet, he just tries to shove his entire fist in there. He also likes to sit a lot (while we hold him, that is...he's too young to sit on his own ;) ). As of 10 weeks old, he really doesn't like to be put down and he really wants you to carry him around so he can see what you're doing. It's a bit challenging, but cute all at the same time. He sits on my lap when we eat dinner at the table and he won't have it any other way. I'm a bit nervous for the daycare lady because she's got 5 other kids to look after. Hopefully he allows her to put him down throughout the day. :S (nervous face)


No comments: