Monday, June 8, 2009

Landen's Two Month Visit & more

Sorry I haven't posted anything in almost two weeks! It recently hit me that I will be returning to work very soon and with that thought, I have spent less time on the computer and more time holding and kissing my baby boy. (Right now he is sleeping in my arms and so I'm able to type while he naps). I broke down and cried about six times last week just thinking about leaving him. For those of you who I work with reading this, you can expect a watery-eyed Cyndy returning on June 23rd. Not to sound mean or anything, but please don't ask me how I'm doing that day/week because I can tell you right now, I won't be doing too well. I've become extremely attached to my little man over the past two months. I knew I was going to love him, but didn't realize how much. It is overwhelming how much I love him as I'm sure all you moms out there can understand. All I can say is, WOW. They are such a blessing!


So...what have we been up to the past couple of weeks? Well, Landen had his two month check up on June 1st. Daddy came with me because I didn't know if I'd be able to be in the room when they stuck him with needles. I actually did just fine and Landen was a trooper. Daddy giggled a bit when they stuck him with the first needle, because he was happy as a clam, looking at all of the lights on the ceiling and then had this sudden look of shock on his face and then instantly starting crying. The nurse was very quick though and stuck him 3 times in the legs and gave him one type of treatment orally. Once I picked him up and held him, he calmed down. Landen weighed 11 lbs 10 oz and was in the 49% for the weight category. He was 23 inches long and in the 54% for height. I was also very average as a baby so he seems to be following mommy's growth. Eating & Sleeping habits: Landen is typically eating between 4 - 6 oz at a time now, usually every 3 hours (except at night). I am still nursing him about twice a day and then pumping and supplementing with formula (bottle feeding) for the remaining feedings. I tend to nurse him in the morning when my supply is at it's highest. The system seems to be working well. For sleeping, we are still swaddling him with his arms in, using a Halo sleepsack. This has done wonders for us. It is pretty average for him to sleep about 5 hours straight after his last night feeding (usually around 9 or 10 pm). Then he'll wake to eat again and I'll put him back down for another 3 or 4 hours. In my Baby Center update, it said that if your baby is sleeping through the night (considered 5+ hours of straight sleep) we are one of the lucky few. So far, we've had two 7 hour night sleeps, but mostly 5 hour stretches which I can't complain about!



Other new milestones, Landen has started to find his feet with his hands which is very typical for this age. It's usually when I'm changing his diaper. His hands tend to wander down south more and he'll kick up his legs and touch his feet every now and then. Tummy time is still a bit challenging for Landen. He really doesn't like it. I try to put him on his tummy at least a few times a day but it usually doesn't last more than 3 or 4 minutes and he starts crying. I know he needs to do it though, to build up those neck and back muscles!


Landen and I visited quite a few people in the last couple of weeks. Two weekends ago, we visited my mom's side of the family for a birthday party. Then, I got together with my friend, Beth, from college for lunch in Uptown. Beth made us a painting for our living room and it turned out so beautiful! We wanted a custom-made painting and I knew Beth would create us a masterpiece and she did. It was hard for us to find anything that worked in our living room. The painting she created is perfect. After lunch, since we were close by, I took Landen to Lake Calhoun. We walked around the lake (only partway) before he got hungry. We stopped at a bench in the shade and I fed him, then we left. That same night, we visited Alisha and Jacob. It's always neat to be around people with kids (especially boys) because I picture Landen growing up to be the same age and I just watch how they act and talk. Jacob is a little spitfire and has so much energy (just like his daddy, Jake). I look forward to when Landen is a little older and can play with him. =) The following evening, we got together with some friends from college. Heather, Megan, and Molly. We met up at the Park Tavern and sat outside on the patio for a nice dinner. And finally, yesterday, was my brother's college graduation party at my parent's house. Unfortunately, I had to keep Landen inside most of the time because we had a campfire (it was very cold outside) and I didn't want Landen breathing in all the smoke for an extended period of time. Everyone who wanted to though got to see him which was nice.

Today, we aren't doing much. The weather is poopy, so I think we'll just relax and enjoy each other's company. We took a long nap together this morning and played some too. I think today will be a good movie night or game night once daddy gets home.
Our new artwork, compliments of our friend, Beth Mesna.





Some recent Landen photos for your enjoyment...






"What the heck is this thing?"
















"So big!"












Too cool for school











Tough guy bandaids from two month visit. Ouch!




Can you just tell he is tired in this picture? He slept a ton this day...I think it was from the shots.






Shyla felt the need to lick his feet while taking the picture.




















And last but not least, a short video clip of Landen doing what he loves to do best now...SMILE. =)




No comments: